To prevent some or all of these problems associated with being overweight, and even cure some of them, you should consider losing those extra pounds.
Besides the physical and health benefits of being fit, there are also some psychological advantages that are equally significant: Knowing that you are fit directly translates into more confidence for you which in turn reflects on your relationships and productivity. This alone should be a motivation for you to burn off those extra fats.
These are some simple tips to remain slim and fit:
- First of all, you must be determined to remain slim and work towards it. Develop a mindset towards it and set realistic goals.
- Make lifestyle changes like giving up alcohol, smoking, avoiding fatty food, and refined food.
- Consume more of fresh foods. Processed foods tend to contain high level of salt and sugar.
- Do not expect immediate results! Losing weight takes time and dedication.
- Never go for crash diets instead reduce weight gradually and slowly.
- Never skip meals (breakfast in particular) as you tend to eat more the next meal.
- Nuts contain a lot of fiber. They are satisfying and cause people to eat less at meal time.
- Take warm lime juice mixed with honey the first thing in the morning.
- Go for skimmed milk.
- As much as possible, avoid weight loss supplements.
- When you have a craving for sweets, take a fruit instead.
- When you have cravings for certain type of food like chocolates or ice cream, once in a while, you can take in small quantities.
- Take fruits and vegetables which have lot of water content such as watermelons, cucumbers.
- Keep yourself engaged as boredom leads to overeating.
- Drink lot of water, at least 8 glasses a day.
- Use the stairs instead of lift. Park the car a little far away and walk to your office. Use every opportunity to be physically active.
- Walk, walk and walk as much as possible. Even if you are busy, go for walk at least 30-minutes-a-day, 5-days-a-week; your health is more important than your work.
- Exercise. Aerobic exercises like jogging, swimming, cycling and running accelerates weight loss.
- Keep yourself free of stress.
- Finally, weight loss is a slow process, so do not get disappointed and give up.
CAUTION: Consult a physician before starting any weight loss program.