Although it is recommended that exercise is the best way to lose weight, most fat ladies believe that it's a more stressful and slower way of achieving the desired results.
In view of this, many ladies devise various wierd methods to slim down. Although most of these methods are down-right ridiculous and dangerous, some ladies claimed they actually work for them.
Below is a list of 10 dangerous things ladies do to lose weight:
- Tying the teeth with wires: This is properly done by a dentist and it prevents any solid food from going into the mouth. All the patient gets to take is fruit juice at the early stage. But after 2 weeks, the wire begins to get loose, creating enough room for soups to be passed through the teeth. Most girls carry this for as long as 2 months, but it also has an adverse effect. Although maximum result is achieved, the patient will end up suffering from some nutrient deficiency, and will throw up for the first few weeks after she starts eating again. Also, there is a tendency that she will end up consuming more food and then become fat again over time.
- Use of slimming drugs: The market is saturated with different slimming drugs and ladies keep jumping from one to another. The use of slimming pills is one of the most common ways of slimming, but reports have also revealed that some of these drugs have harmful compositions that could cause a lot of hormonal imbalance in women. Apart from that, some of these drugs have different adverse effects ranging from dizziness, nausea feelings, vomiting and so many others. They work by inducing lack of appetite on its patients which also results in low food consumption.
- Use of slimming sprays: This is a very rare slimming method but some ladies are so addicted to it. Recently, a lady lost her life after using a particular slimming spray for 3 consecutive weeks. Slimming sprays are slimming drugs that are sprayed into the mouth that makes the user lose appetite for days. But the danger is that once you stop using it, it could lead to illness.
- Starvation: Starvation is a severe deficiency in caloric energy, nutrient and vitamin intake. It is the most extreme form malnutrition. In humans, prolonged starvation can cause permanent organ damage and eventually, death. A lot of ladies starve themselves all in the name of losing weight. And they end up suffering from malnutrition disorders.
- Use of drugs and hot drinks: It may shock you that some ladies take hard drugs like Cocaine, Indian Hemp and Heroine to lose weight. Sources revealed that the use of these drugs also reduces appetite while others also take a lot of dry gin and hard drinks to burn fat, since the hot sensation can make you sweat. This assumption may be true but the adverse effects of these drugs on the liver far outweighs any benefits derivable from such practice.
- Cigarette Smoking: A lot of ladies who are heavy smokers claim it is a sure way to lose weight. Cigarette smoking for weight loss is a practice dating back to the early days of using nicotine as an appetite suppressant. Tobacco has been associated with appetite suppression for some smokers with it's attendant weight losing potentials but the risk of lung cancer from smoking that everybody should steer clear at all cost.
- Consumption of meal supplements: There are a number of meal supplements available over the counter. They are meant to be taken as what their name suggest, "supplements to food" but some ladies take them as their daily food in their bid to lose weight.
- Induced vomiting: Induced vomiting is a very common way ladies lose weight and it's very common because you don't have to spend a dime or take any pill. The technique is quite simple: after eating to your satisfaction, you stick your hand down your throat to provoke vomiting. This way, the food is prevented from being digested but have quenched the hunger. However, most ladies complain that they get hungry easily after this and that makes them eat all the time. This has been associated with a psychiatric disorder called "anorexia nervosa" and I am sure you don't want to be labelled a "psycho" just because you are trying to lose weight.
- Use of Herbs: They boil and drink these herbs to suppress their appetite for food or to burn fat. Some also bath with these herbs and use creams made from them.
- Use of slimming tea: Slimming tea accelerate the aerobic decomposition of fat, eliminate sediment of fat, help metabolize fat sediment in the body, transform the fat into dissociate fat and finally dispel the fat solvent out of the body. It regulates and decreases the fat level in the blood, reduces the excess energy and dissolves the harmful substance. It also help discharge the toxin out of the body, reduce the absorption of toxin in the intestine, speed up the intestine mircro-circulation, and improves the body's resistance to diseases.